General Grabber AW?

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

General Grabber AW?

Postby Kestral » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:02 am

Ok so I know it's July but living in the snow belt I am already thinking about winter and I am looking at the General Grabber AW tires that came stock on my 2012 PF and they don't look all that aggressive. So who here ran them over the winter and how did they do? Or would I be better off swapping them out for a tire that would be better in the snow. I will prob have around 15,000 miles on the stock tires when the snow starts to fly.

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:11 pm

I didn't have the General AW tires when I bought my pathfinder. It had the BFG Long Trails on that I didn't think were good enough for the New England snow. So, I got a set of General Grabber AT2's and I have to say, I've had them for 2 winters and they have been awesome.

Good Luck

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:57 am

I have a set of used BFG AT KOs sitting in my garage waiting to be put on. I got them for $80, 2 of them have about 70% tread, the other 2 are about 40%.

A new set up here would be north of $1200, add in sales tax and we're talking $1400.

I have an old set of the same tire on the truck right now. They were great in snow, but on ice they weren't as sure-footed as I would like... May keep my eyes peeled for a good set of actual winter tires. The A/Ts just don't seem to have the soft compound you need to stay in control in really icy conditions.

Had a set of Nokian WRG2s on an 08 civic, those were great!

t

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:39 pm

1armyguy wrote:I didn't have the General AW tires when I bought my pathfinder. It had the BFG Long Trails on that I didn't think were good enough for the New England snow. So, I got a set of General Grabber AT2's and I have to say, I've had them for 2 winters and they have been awesome.

Good Luck
+1

I love my General Grabber AT2. Quiet and awesome on road manners. I prefer these over the BFG KO. Performance and price points are superior all around IMO.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”