LE front bumper protector

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

roly

LE front bumper protector

Postby roly » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:31 am

Well, I bought a used 2010 S, but liked the silver front bumper protector from the LE. So after looking up for parts, I ran across the part# 62064-ZS00A and picked it up for $90 locally from Nissan. I bought mostly for looks but it also served a second purpose in covering the front tag holes that were there. Since this was just the part and not the complete accessory that was once offered, I did have to pick up 4 M6 nuts.

Tools needed:
Hi-liter
10mm socket with short extension
Drill with 1/4 bit
2 Philips screws with washer

Installation was started by removing the front under spoiler and rock shield, this will allow for play in the front bumper that you can pull forward to get your hand between the cover and bumper support. Now, this is where the fun begins. Remove from the rear of the protector the 4 studs that are attached, it'll take some patience as the retaining clip has teeth. Once they're off, mock the protector over the bumper to ensure proper fitment and location. Next, use the hi-liter to mark the ridges where the retaining were attached too, re- mock the protector on the bumper and press it firmly were the ridges are. This will leave an imprint of the ridges on the bumper cover. You will next drill a 1/4 hole in the center of those hash marks, reattach the studs to the protector and place it back on the bumper. The studs will line up with holes drilled. Now, the knuckle busting part; take the 4 nuts and finger thread as tight as you can then use the 10mm socket and tighten the nuts up as tight as you can and screw in the two Philips screws to the bottom of the bumper cover, and bolt everything back up. Done! Sorry I didn't take pics as I was doing this as I had my 3yr old hopping on me while I was on the floor. Total time about 1 1/2 to 2hrs start to finish.
Before
After

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:04 pm

Nice job. Looks good.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”