2010 Bose replacement question

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

NoleAnimal

2010 Bose replacement question

Postby NoleAnimal » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:08 am

Hello all,
First post in the forum here. I am thinking about buying a 2010 LE. The dealer does not advertise NAV as a feature, so was NAV an option on the LEs? I know the Bose system comes standard.

Secondly, if NAV is not standard, I noticed that part of the A/C controls are integrated into the display of the Bose system. Is it possible to replace the Bose system with an aftermarket NAV system without compromising the A?C unit function?

Scott

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 am

NAV is option on all V6 LE models. For 2008, 2009, and 2012 it's also optional on the V8 LE. For 2010-2011 it's included with the V8 LE.

The HVAC controls are all hard buttons down below, but the display will show you the settings. So if you put in an aftermarket display you might lose the ability to know where the air flow is directed and what temp is set. I've only seen a couple people swap out for aftermarket and I don't believe they could see those settings.

If you want a built-in NAV I think it would make sense to just find one with the OEM system. It shouldn't add much to the cost on a used model and will be far better given the way the BOSE/display is integrated. Or just stick to your phone. I have NAV in all my other vehicles and 90% of the time I use Google maps anyway.

NoleAnimal

Postby NoleAnimal » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Yeah, I haven't been able to find any with the NAV installed near me. I would love to also have Bluetooth because it makes using your phone so much easier. As a matter of fact, the Bluetooth option would be more important than the NAV option.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Bluetooth was the only option I regretted not getting. Although there are a lot of posts around here where the mic doesn't work well and many people seemed to not even use it. I've thought all along I would put in an aftermarket bluetooth (parrot) but just haven't.

Return to “R51 Electrical”