Central Locking Issue

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

SCOTSLAD

Central Locking Issue

Postby SCOTSLAD » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:41 am

I have an issue with my Pathfinder(2006). When I lock my Doors, all the doors lock except the Rear Nearside Passenger door. I can lock them All from Inside(using internal Lock Button) and all the Doors lock Perfectly. However, if I then exit the car from the Drivers door, or any other door for that Matter. When I try to lock the door I've just used to Exit the car, using the Remote FOB, the Rear passenger Door Unlocks ?
My only solution to this at present is to Lock the doors Internally and exit via the Front Passenger door and then use the Key lock to lock the Front Passenger door. This doesn't affect the Lock of the Rear passenger door and the car is secured. However this is a Tad inconvenient. Can anyone maybe advise What might be happening and if there is something I can do myself or at least point my Local Dealership or Local Auto Electrician towards ? Many thanks in Advance.

SCOTSLAD

Re: Central Locking Issue

Postby SCOTSLAD » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:14 am

Can Anyone Help with my Query ????

SCOTSLAD wrote:I have an issue with my Pathfinder(2006). When I lock my Doors, all the doors lock except the Rear Nearside Passenger door. I can lock them All from Inside(using internal Lock Button) and all the Doors lock Perfectly. However, if I then exit the car from the Drivers door, or any other door for that Matter. When I try to lock the door I've just used to Exit the car, using the Remote FOB, the Rear passenger Door Unlocks ?
My only solution to this at present is to Lock the doors Internally and exit via the Front Passenger door and then use the Key lock to lock the Front Passenger door. This doesn't affect the Lock of the Rear passenger door and the car is secured. However this is a Tad inconvenient. Can anyone maybe advise What might be happening and if there is something I can do myself or at least point my Local Dealership or Local Auto Electrician towards ? Many thanks in Advance.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:21 pm

I think I'd have to see what's going on in person to really understand what's going on.

SCOTSLAD

Central Locking Issue

Postby SCOTSLAD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:30 am

Dear SMJ,

Obviously that might be a problem for you to come actually see the Problem !! But I don't know that I can make it any clearer than I have already !
But basically my Passenger Rear Door does not lock when you Lock the doors with the Key Fob. All the remaining Doors do Lock. If you attempt to open the Rear passenger door, it will open and sets off the Alarm !
However, if you use the Internal Locking Button on the Dashboard, All the Doors lock successfully ! So I'm guessing it's not a Mechanical issue, but more a remote locking issue between the Fob and Sensor in the car ?
Does that help you further ?

Cheers Marc

Return to “R51 Electrical”