2008 r51 st pathfinder gears not changing out of park

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

matthewhammo

2008 r51 st pathfinder gears not changing out of park

Postby matthewhammo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:07 am

Hi my name is Matt , from New South Wales, Australia.
I recently purchased a second hand 2008 pathy. Love it! Although the other day I hopped in my car and could not move the gear stick (automatic) when I pushed the brake in. There was no click or anything. I have done some research and most answers have pointed to the solenoid ( which I'm not exactly sure where or how to replace it, or a relay which I haven't been able to locate aswell. I recently installed a head unit and am wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if something electrically could have malfunctioned?
My cruise control also does not engage which I have a feeling they may be related, the light comes on but it will not set.
I am very appreciative of anyone's help if you can as I'm trying to avoid taking it to a dealer because of the lack of $$ I have right now
Cheers hammo

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:53 am

Hi Matt and welcome.
Have you tried the Shifter Lock release?
Have you checked the fuse and relay box under the hood, next to the Battery, for the Relay?

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”