Shift Lever Bushing replacement

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

srags104

Shift Lever Bushing replacement

Postby srags104 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:05 am

Guys,
Hoping someone can help me here.
I went to the mall over the weekend and when time to leave, the 07 Pathfinder I have won't move from Park. The lever moves, the shift lock releases, but the dash still says P and i can feel no tension in the lever when it moves.
So I call the mechanic and he can't make it, so I pull the dash apart to realise that the shift rod released from the gear lever at the bottom. I managed to hook the rod on the lever so I could get home and try to get it sorted.

So I have two issues:
1. the rod is not completely vertical as it should to align with the lever pin, how do I straighten it so that it lines up very nicely with the lever pin?
2. I secured the rod to the pin with an e clamp, but no bushing, so I get a little play in the lever. Where can I get the lever, or what alternative fix can I use to ensure a good solution?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:17 pm

Here is a link to the shifter assembly part diagram. Hopefully you can find what you are looking for, but you may need to replace the entire shifter assembly:

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page_Pro ... e=349_A001

srags104

Postby srags104 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:33 am

Thanks for the reply.
I went here and looked for what the part I needed, but it doesn't appear clear in the picture. What I'm looking for, is the bushing where the cable secures on the lever. Everything on the lever works fine. Even now without the bushing, but I keep hearing the slapping of the rod when I shift, and I hate it.
The crumbled bushing was found below the lever assembly, and what the company is telling me is that the cable comes with the bushing and is not sold separately. At $200 a cable, I'd want to look for the $5 bushing.

If anyone has an alternative fix, I'm open to options.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”