Is it me or is the gas pedal real sensitive

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

truomega

Is it me or is the gas pedal real sensitive

Postby truomega » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:03 pm

So i have had the 06 pathfinder for nearly a month and find that when i accelerate from a complete stop, the car tends to lunge forward unless you gently press the accelerator pedal. Is the throttle response supposed to be this sensitive? Thanks.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Fri May 01, 2015 12:45 am

Yes, I would say that Nissan's have pretty aggressive throttle response compared to other vehicle makes I've driven. I personally like it. What were you driving before the Path?

lebanesepathy

Postby lebanesepathy » Fri May 01, 2015 3:12 am

You well notice that this response would change depending on road conditions.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri May 01, 2015 4:36 am

Yes it's sensitive. That's a good thing in my book but it might take some adjustment before you're comfortable with it. My wife's Acura MDX is far faster if you put your foot to the floor, but feels like an economy car otherwise because the throttle and transmission are programmed to lazily.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri May 01, 2015 5:21 am

The electronic throttle is a bit sensitive. For best MPG, get in the habit of using cruise control as much as possible!

truomega

Postby truomega » Fri May 01, 2015 10:54 am

AZ_Path wrote:Yes, I would say that Nissan's have pretty aggressive throttle response compared to other vehicle makes I've driven. I personally like it. What were you driving before the Path?
Hey. Thanks for the response. I also have a Durango where the gas pedal is much less sensitive. For work, I drive a Chevy express which is also less sensitive. I guess I'm used to the American car throttle response. As long as it's normal then all is well. I'll just have to get used to it.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sat May 02, 2015 12:56 pm

I actually think this will be a good thing for me when I tow my camper this year. The quick throttle response will be a plus compared to my old Toyota 4Runner that was a bit lazy on take off. The Pathy feels much quicker at times like take off and my V6 has a sudden surge at around 2,500-3,000 rpm if you have your foot in it. Actually the first time I had my V6 Pathy on the highway and I had to pass someone quick I was quite impressed when I floored it I think the V6 R51 Pathy really rips when you need it to. My father borrowed my 2012 for a long trip with a full load of people and lots of cargo and he was quite impressed with its on highway performance.

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Sun May 03, 2015 7:57 am

I'm more used to driving sporty cars, and even compared to those the initial throttle response is way too sensitive and difficult to modulate, which is annoying when maneuvering in tight spaces.
The sensor curve seems to have an aggressive offset. Poor design.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun May 03, 2015 9:14 am

I have two '05 R51s, an SE-OR 4WD and an SE 2WD.
The throttle response is the same on both, that is, very sensitive but never problematic.

Heisenberg

Postby Heisenberg » Mon May 11, 2015 7:04 pm

Hear hear on the aggressive throttle response. ("No kids, that burnout at the traffic light was by accident! No, REALLY!!") Our other vehicle is a 2.0T powered Passat. With a more sane throttle map and some (minimal) turbo lag it's the polar opposite of the Pathfinder.

I've adapted to the pedal for on-road driving but it's still very annoying when trying to avoid wheel spin in snow or off road. I can adjust the throttle response on the non-ODB VW via VAG-COM software on my laptop, not that I've found the need...

Is there a way to adjust the response in the Pathfinder? At the moment I only have a basic OBD2 scanner, but would be happy to upgrade if throttle mapping is one of the options. (Bullydog perhaps?)

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”