SHopping for a 2011/2012 LE/Silver 4WD

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

SDGuero

SHopping for a 2011/2012 LE/Silver 4WD

Postby SDGuero » Mon May 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Hey Guys,

I have been looking for a 4WD Silver or LE trim Pathy the last 2 weeks. We test drove several used SUVs and the Pathfinder came out on top. We liked that it is actually a truck vs all these mid sizd unibody pieces of junk that are out there now.

Our budget is 25k. We live in san Diego and I have been ahving a lot of trouble finding 4WD Pathfinders in Southern California, especially with the luxury trim optons. I'm now looking at Nevada, AZ, Colorado and Texas as well. Seems like most of the trucks with th options we want are on the East Coast and I'm not willing to drive cross country (or buy a salty used car).

Any hints or tips for what to look for when I check out the trucks?

Thanks,
SDGuero

sailor

'11 silver 4x4

Postby sailor » Thu May 07, 2015 10:18 am

Picked up a '11 silver edition in Stafford VA last year- very clean had a few miles on it- got it for 21.5 even- been off roading ever since and haven't looked back-
I like the silver edition- basically LE without a few goodies- unless you want v8
these are all over northern VA
Good luck

SDGuero

Re: '11 silver 4x4

Postby SDGuero » Mon May 11, 2015 12:44 pm

sailor wrote:Picked up a '11 silver edition in Stafford VA last year- very clean had a few miles on it- got it for 21.5 even- been off roading ever since and haven't looked back-
I like the silver edition- basically LE without a few goodies- unless you want v8
these are all over northern VA
Good luck
Thanks. V8 isn't required, I test drove a 2WD V6 at carmax and it had plenty of power. Not quite as much grunt as our current V8 SUV but plenty for what we need (besides, I already have a HEMI in my truck...). I was planning to go to Vegas to look at a 2011 Silver edition 4x4 last weekend but it didn't work out. It has 30k miles and they are asking $26k but over the phone the guy said he'd come down quite a bit from that price. I was figuring it's worth it if I can get it out the door for $24k (and then will have to pay CA taxes/reg on it).

Hopefully he will still have it in stock next weekend so i can make another attempt to get out there. It is surpisingly hard to find a well equiped 4WD Pathfinder on the west coast. I've been at it 3 weeks now and don't have anything to show for it other than a few calls to dealerships who "just sold it this morning..."

sailor

Postby sailor » Mon May 18, 2015 10:49 am

Any luck with the search?

Try Ebay motors and truecar.com usually have a bunch of listings-
also factor in shipping if its an option- 1K

SDGuero

Still looking

Postby SDGuero » Tue May 19, 2015 2:07 pm

A ford dealer in Upland CA (2 hour drive from me) listed a 2011 silver edition 4x4 with only 16k miles this week, but his price up there at $27k. I called and he said he'd work with me but I doubt he'd come down more than $2k.

I'm going to Vegas on Sunday to look at the the one I wanted to see a few weeks ago. The dealer still has it in stock and just dropped the price another $1k. I'm thinkin that if it drives nice and looks good, I"ll talk him down as much as I can, then call the dealer in Upland and see if he will match prices (or get close as I'd be willing to pay $1k more for 14k less miles). If so, I'll catch a ride to upland, if not I'll drive back to SD from Vegas in my new to me pathfinder.

We went offrooding/shooting in my 2WD truck last weekend. While the fish tailing was fun, it really made me want to have a 4x4 vehicle in the stable.

SDGuero

Bought the truck in Upland

Postby SDGuero » Tue May 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Hey Guys,

I ended up buying the truck in Upland CA. 2011 Silver Edition 4WD, white paint, tan interior. Previous owner's information was on a slip in the manual, looked like a lawyers wife from Upland. The truck looks new, could eat eggs off the engine. The undercarriage was pristine, not even dusty. The PO must not have ever taken it on a dirt road before.

We ended up at $25,863.00 after some haggling which I think is fair considering the condition of the vehicle and rarity of these trucks in this trim package in Southern California. The dealer had slapped a set of Toyo open country AT II tires on it too, which I like, and I made them fill up the gas tank for my drive back to San Diego.

I snapped a quick pic when the sales guy was taking it to the gas station. I'll try and throw some more pics up on this site in the future.

Any tips on upgrades I should check out are appreciated. The truck is bone stock right now.

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Tue May 26, 2015 3:54 pm

Beautiful truck...congrats!

Checkout http://www.4x4parts.com, they specialize in Nissans and have lots of goodies for our trucks!

SDGuero

Postby SDGuero » Tue May 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Thanks man. We are pretty stoked. My lady likes the leather/luxury interior and the look of the R51, even if it doesn't drive like a Buick Enclave on the highway (she hated how that SUV looked btw). I like that this thing should be able to get into back country that my 2WD Ram can't touch.

I just looked at your profile and...
35s on a pathfinder! Holy crap dude! :)

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Wed May 27, 2015 2:32 pm

35s on a pathfinder! Holy crap dude!
LOL they're not on yet!! A few others are running them with some minor trimming up front, so we'll see how it goes.
I still can't believe the stock rim was able to fit a 13" wide tire! :shock:

BTW - when you hit the back-country, don't forget to disconnect your sway bars! Even if you have no other mods, it'll give you better articulation and a smoother ride off road! 8)

sailor

Postby sailor » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:14 am

Nice!
I like the white.
Enjoy

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”