2001 Pathy manual clutch replacement

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

lil_redd_again

2001 Pathy manual clutch replacement

Postby lil_redd_again » Fri May 08, 2015 8:44 am

Hey there, after searching and reading 7rivers' post I came up lacking in helpful info regarding the clutch replacement. My clutch has recently started slipping pretty badly and I feel its close to going out completely so I got an Exedy replacement kit.

I know to remove the driveshaft system, that parts not hard, and to remove the stick shifter, however Im looking for tips and tricks for unbolting and dropping the transmission. I have a good low profile motorcycle/atv jack and another large racing jack to help with the drop, I just dont want to miss any bolts or critical connections.

I just cant seem to locate any good videos on a 2001, and I dont have a haynes/ chilton book. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

lil_redd_again

Postby lil_redd_again » Fri May 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Am I to understand I have to remove the entire exhaust system?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri May 08, 2015 8:31 pm

yikes! sounds intense. sorry i'm of no help... only done clutches on front wheel drive hondas.

lil_redd_again

Postby lil_redd_again » Sat May 09, 2015 9:19 am

Luckily I have all weekend and can take my time on it. I took the heat shields off the resonator down tubes and I think I have enough room to get to the top bolts. I know I can reach the one at about 2 o clock, but top dead center 12oclock is going to give me problems I think. Im just chipping away at it little by little...this is also my first ever clutch job/ transmission removal so..

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri May 15, 2015 6:38 am

You picked a heck of a one to tackle for your first one! IIRC, you have to disengage the throwout bearing before you remove the trans on the VQ-equipped models.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”