The New Path of Life

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

vegasPATH

The New Path of Life

Postby vegasPATH » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Good afternoon fellow Pathfinders!

Im very new to the Pathfinding life as far as the forum goes but my wife has had her 2003 R50 since Highschool (roughly 10 Years).
We are second owners of the vehicle but love her to death. Definitely lives up the name she was given.

A Little bit of my history:

Ive Been into hondas for almost my entire mechanic life. Ive built a few, lost a couple, and grown to a player in the honda world as far as my chassis was concerned. I belonged to the "Ef Sedan Enthusiast" forum, which made me an admin for a number of years. I could tell you inside and out about the Ef sedan chassis. Now, I'm taking on my new found love for my pathfinder.
I just bought my wife a 2012 R51 and we love it! The 4.0 is a great power plant although the transmission seems a little sluggish. These cars have taken us miles and with a lost no problem. Ive since been giving my new pathfinder (wifes old R50) A lot of attention. Im currently in the process of making her into a Chase/Mobile Mechanic SUV. Equipped with 2 10 gallon Air tanks, 2 compressors, air hoses for tire fills as well as air tools, power inverter for power tool charging, some small tool boxes and plenty of light. Looking into a dual battery set up as well.
Currently, I am employed by "Mo-tech" A jeep specific shop that installs the GM LS motor into the Jeep chassis.
I am currently looking into fitting a LS3 into my R50 (stay tuned) This may take awhile, with my schedule and all, but i take measurements almost daily.
The love i have for these vehicles is definitely growing! And i can't wait to meet people who are equally ecstatic!

Next few mods for the R50:
Grill Guard
20" lightbar
2 4In hood mounted light cubes
30" lightbar in the bottom section of the bumper
2 rear 4in cubes
possible lift kit
bigger tires
stronger rear suspension

R51:
Bull bar
35" lightbar in bottom section of bumper
possible chip
bigger tires
lift kit
stronger rear suspension

Thanks guys! Cant wait to get to know everyone and come to a further understanding of these finders of the path lol.

Cheers!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Image[/img]

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:48 pm

Welcome! :D

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:13 pm

Welcome! ... And yes the R51 trans is sluggish on slow gradual hills if I get stuck behind some slowpoke I usually down shift to third gear and back off of the gas. Seems better then lugging the V6 and waiting for the trans to downshift.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”