R50 interior light not working when driver side doors opened

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

mrmagicbg

R50 interior light not working when driver side doors opened

Postby mrmagicbg » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:09 pm

I have a second hand Pathfinder R50 (2001) XE where I have this weird problem with the interior light. It will come on when passenger side (RH) front and back doors are opened but will not come one when I open the front or the rear driver side doors (LH). Door switches are OK - tested. Also it is confirmed by the fact that the indicator for open door lights up on the dashboard when I open one of the doors and it also beeps at me when I leave the headlights on or the key in the ignition :) so door switches are out of the picture for me.

There was a discussion online where some Gentlemen suggested the smart entrance control unit could be bad so I bought second and unit and replaced it but I still have the same issue. I inspected both units for bad/burned solder joints, bad components, etc. and all looks fine.

Now chances are either I bought second hand smart entrance control unit with the same problem :) or it is something else ...

Any of yo Gents came across such issue in the past?

Attached are some pictures of the smart entrance control unit my vehicle model uses (I took it apart for tests)​

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”