Inherited a 2001 SE 4x4.. First truck.. have some questions.

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

mastamoon

Inherited a 2001 SE 4x4.. First truck.. have some questions.

Postby mastamoon » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:10 am

Hey All,

So my wifes father passed away recently and we were given his 01 Pathfinder. Its a 4x4 with about 220k miles on it. Seems to run great and looks good. No rust that I can see (spent lots of its life down in South Carolina with little/no salty roads) so she wants to fix it up a bit and keep it.

There are a few issues with it that I was hoping you guys could help me out with.

1. CEL for code P1110. The code doesnt come on right away after being cleared but does come on when you hit about 50mph. Ive read this is the VTC Solenoid on the passenger side. Going through the little bit of paperwork I found in the glovebox, it looks like it had this replaced at about 75k miles. Is it likely this just needs to be swapped out again? Truck seems to run fine in general.

2. We have noticed a wobble/shimmy that seems to come from the rear end. I believe this is the "death wobble/sway", but from the reading I have done on it, that seems to manifest itself at higher speeds. This wobble is most noticeable around 5-25mph. As you go faster, it smooths out but you can still feel it. I havent gotten under the truck yet to check bushings, but I was hoping to get a confirmation that it does happen at low speeds as well as high or what I might be looking for if its not the 'death wobble/sway'.

Those are the major issues thus far. I mostly need to get the CEL fixed so I can get it through NJ inspection so any info on #1 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everybody!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”