Low Pass/High pass on AMP???

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Bozios89

Low Pass/High pass on AMP???

Postby Bozios89 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:01 pm

So i just installed a planet audio amp to power my front JBL 6x9s and rear 6.5s and Im trying to figure out my amp settings.
http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Audio-Ac80 ... B00K5K4W1S

Ive been doing some research and it look s like Low pass is really only used for subwoofers. I have Low pass options for all 4 channels. Should I just leave those all the way turned off since my amp isn't connected to a sub? I just don't want to ruin my speakers if they aren't meant for lower frequency.

Im new here so sorry if its a stupid question. Any insight it appreciated

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Find out where your speakers cut off in the low end my guess is they cut off no lower then 45HZ. Then look and see where the low pass of the amp cuts off and if it cuts off lower then the speaker then turn it on as you will get no lower bass then 45HZ anyway and it puts less strain on the amp.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Let me clarify....look to see where the amp cuts off when the low pass button is pushed in. It should be in the specifications. Do the same for the high pass filter. The human ear can hear from 20HZ to 20Khz unless you spent much of your teen years going to heavy metal concerts and then you can prob hear forum 30HZ to 15Khz .. Lol

Return to “General Automotive”