Need Help!!! 2004 Pathfinder Knock Sensor wiring harness

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Gordon

Need Help!!! 2004 Pathfinder Knock Sensor wiring harness

Postby Gordon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:35 am

I am looking specifically for the plug/harness/pig tail to no avail here in Michigan.

Seems the soccer Mom I purchased it from stored the the vehicle more then she drove it. I've been driving it as my main transportation for the last 3 years without any problems. In the last few months it has been throwing codes for the knock senor and cutting out and/or not starting well. Upon digging under the intake I found the wires to the sensor in the middle of a mouse nest and wires bare. The knock sensor tests fine (yet I will replace it) but the plug is where this is getting frustrating.

The dealership will be more than happy to sell me an entire engine harness for 1K but I'm looking for something a little less expensive. I have found a few motors, but none that I can get the part from. I have searched and ordered 3 different plugs, from online and local retailers, all of which have not fit the sensor. I can also use a 3.5l out of a 350Z manufacture years 6/02-11/06, or a 3.5l from a Merino manufacture years 9/02-8/04.

Anyone have any suggestions?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:46 am

Here are a couple of ideas:

Check with WiringSpecialties.com. They do harness conversions for people who want to swap different engines into their Nissan (i.e. those trying to turn their 240SX's into a Sylivia clone). They are one of the only places I know that sell Nissan pigtails.

The 95 Maxima used to use a subharness to its knock sensor; I know because a lot of people use it when they relocate the knock sensor to the intake manifold bolt on R50 Pathfinders with the VG33E engine. The connectors are a little different between the 95 Max and the 04 Pathfinder, with the 95 Max's being a bit more "square-er" and the Pathy's having rounded corners. Otherwise, I don't think there's much difference between the two, although you may want to do an ohm test just to compare them. My thinking is that you get the 95 Max knock sensor and subharness and splice the wires of the subharness into what's left of your existing harness. The knock sensor is Nissan P/N: 22060-30P00 and there are aftermarket options, as well; if you need the bolt, it's P/N: 08120-8301A. The knock sensor harness is P/N: 24079-31U01. Here's a link to what it looks like:

http://www.thenismoshop.com/Nissan-Fact ... _1122.html

Hope this helps you out!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”