2008 Pathfinder Headlights

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

BryanCelyn

2008 Pathfinder Headlights

Postby BryanCelyn » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:47 pm

Hi, all! I recently purchased a 2008 Pathfinder SE, and am undertaking a few projects. I've blacked out all the "chrome" trim, and want to change out the headlights.

The one that is currently vexing me is that I'm looking for aftermarket headlights - preferably projector, with a black background. Now, there are some items out there, but everyone lists their headlights as for 2005-2008 model years. Well, I can say from painful personal experience that the 2008 pathfinder headlights are not the same as 2005-2007. Anzo, for sure, is not aware of this.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!!!
Bryan

Gray

Re: 2008 Pathfinder Headlights

Postby Gray » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:38 am

BryanCelyn wrote:Hi, all! I recently purchased a 2008 Pathfinder SE, and am undertaking a few projects. I've blacked out all the "chrome" trim, and want to change out the headlights.

The one that is currently vexing me is that I'm looking for aftermarket headlights - preferably projector, with a black background. Now, there are some items out there, but everyone lists their headlights as for 2005-2008 model years. Well, I can say from painful personal experience that the 2008 pathfinder headlights are not the same as 2005-2007. Anzo, for sure, is not aware of this.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!!!
Bryan
In where do the lamps differ...fit, clips, size, etc

Good info.

BryanCelyn

Postby BryanCelyn » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:25 am

I wish that I had taken pictures, but I was too irritated for it to occur to me. The most glaring problem is where the headlight meets the bumper where the light makes the 70-80 degree transition from headlight to sidelight. The 2008 headlight is a little longer and rounder in that corner than the 05-07. The result is that there's a huge gap between the bumper and the headlight in that corner.

Another issue is that the mounting point on the inboard surface that is "adjustable" - there isn't a mounting hole, but a slot that attaches to a L shaped metal bracket bolted to the frame. That mounting point doesn't line up at all. I would imagine that the mounting locations for the grille are also incorrect, since they are relative to that mounting point.

Does that make sense? I can take photos of the locations I'm talking about if that would be helpful.

Bryan

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:47 pm

stock is best.

Danguy426

Postby Danguy426 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:13 am

yer right bryan,
the 2008 has a different front end than the 05-07's do.
I think it was mentioned on a previous post somewhere.. but i can be mistaken. None the less, i believe this was done to accomodate the larger v-8 engine for 08.
i really haven't seen any other options in terms of headlamps. I would stick with the stock headlamps.

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:33 am

Since you guys are talking about headlights, let me ask you this, does any of you recomend any HID conversion for a '05 pathy that would not have to cut or modify my current pathy. I will appreciate it. :)

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:32 am

thetiger wrote:Since you guys are talking about headlights, let me ask you this, does any of you recomend any HID conversion for a '05 pathy that would not have to cut or modify my current pathy. I will appreciate it. :)
there is no drop-in HID conversion for our trucks. if you try and go the cheap route and get one of the universal "conversion kits" all you get is a bulb and ballast. putting an HID bulb in a halogen reflector gives you a terrible beam pattern, and basically scatters much of the light. ever see the honda tuner guys with the crap-tastic blue lighting that blinds everyone as they drive... well thats an HID bulb in a halogen reflector.

AFAIK, the only way to get an HID system in our trucks is to fabricate one. i looked into this a while ago, and you will need to buy HID projectors (typically audi projectors) and fabricate mounts for them. costly, time consuming, and difficult.

~mike

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:03 am

Yeah I don't want that. I like to be very hands on but to fabricate one from scratch does seem impossible to me. I just don't have all the tools and money so I will keep my stock and may be change the bulbs later so they look a little more withe rather than yellow 8) .

Thanks for the advice.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”