Newbie question on lifting my Pathy

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Bozios89

Newbie question on lifting my Pathy

Postby Bozios89 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:43 am

Ive tried to read some of the topics on here for information but honestly alot of it is lingo I dont understand. Im not really auto savvy. All im looking to do is raise my 2012 a couple inches for the least amount of money. Id just like a more rugged look. I dont plan on ever going off roading and I live in a beach city in Flroida. I commute less than 5 miles to work everyday, so I dont need anything heavy duty thats going to have to sustain a beating haha

Any help on what route I should go is much appreciated. Is it possible to get this done for under $750 while using a reputable brand?

docwatson

Postby docwatson » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:23 pm

This is probably about the cheapest lift option available. I don't have any experience with it to mention issues.

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product ... _mini_kit/

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Cheapest way i have done and seen was bilstein 5100s up front and rancho lift spacer out back
4x4parts.com

labsy

Postby labsy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:24 pm

My personal preference is doing lift PROPERLY, which means:
- avoid any SPACERS (strut spacers, spring spacers), because they significantly limit the movements of wheels up/down and break geometry
- avoid going past 2-2.5 inches due to geometry impact

I'd wait to gather a thousand bucks and go with proper suspension lift, meaning longer struts and dampers and proper alignment. For example, 2 inch suspension lift with 33 inch tires you get a total of 3 inch higher ground clearance, nice ride and excellent look.
Anything more is overkill for this type of vehicle and its driveline (...and for your wallet).

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:53 pm

That was the way i did mine but you can go with bigger springs from 4x4parts.com
And that will give you the lift the spacers gave me
After the springs get the airlift 1000s and that will help.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”