Exhaust / muffler water leak

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

dunsho

Exhaust / muffler water leak

Postby dunsho » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:09 am

Hey, new here.
got an 08se with under 1500 miles on it, and the other day i noticed that my muffler is dripping water at the tail pipe (normal) and at the muffler (problem?)

can anyone comment on this?

also the PF is idling rougher then before could my K&N intake cause this?
and valve taps with 93 or 87.

help?

TheYuPath

Postby TheYuPath » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:32 am

This isn't for k&n intake, it's for nismo cold air intake. But I think the same might apply. Are you running just the replacement filter, or the whole kit?

To get optimal performance from the addition of any performance modification on fuel injected vehicles, the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) computer will need to be adjusted .The OEM computer will adjust immediately if it is reset. This is a simple procedure done by removing the negative battery cable from the battery for a minimum of 5 minutes which will reset the computer and enable it to adapt to the addtional part(s). At this point you just drive the vehicle and the computer does the rest. During this learning process your vehicle may have a rough idle, DO NOT be alarmed the idle will smooth out after a few minutes of driving and the vehicle being shut off and restarted a couple of times. Enjoy the added Performance!

http://mynissanparts.com/pc-973-78-2005 ... ntake.aspx

dunsho

Postby dunsho » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:03 am

thanks for the quick reply,
I have the ram air kit, installed 500miles ago. while installing it i unplugged the battery for a good hr.
anyway the idle is rough, don't feel like a new ride should, atleast when i 1st start it up, but if i put it in N I stop feeling it.

don't know if i the water leaking from the muffler (not the tail pipe) should be a concern. i might have a bad weld in the muffler.

Npath

Postby Npath » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:33 pm

dunsho wrote: don't know if i the water leaking from the muffler (not the tail pipe) should be a concern. i might have a bad weld in the muffler.
Muffler fluid leak is normal. AFAIK, all 05+ Pathfinders have mufflers with weep holes.

No need for concern, just be glad water isn't accumulating inside causing corrosion.

dunsho

Postby dunsho » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:03 am

thanks for the reply, it will no longer concern me.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:04 pm

Yea, thats how cat converters work , the convert the gasses to water ...so they tend to get water leakage out of the muffler weep hole and the tail pipe ...

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”