2002 Pathfinder BOSE Front Speakers Not Working No Sound

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

bugeye3492

2002 Pathfinder BOSE Front Speakers Not Working No Sound

Postby bugeye3492 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:00 am

I recently purchased a 2002 Pathfinder LE without a head unit. I did my research and decided to keep the stock Bose speakers and amplifiers by purchasing a Kenwood KDC-X599 with a PAC ROEM-NIS2 system interface harness. I wired up the radio and I am only getting sound out of the rear speakers. I currently have no sound out of both of the front door speakers and both of the tweeters. I checked all the fuses under the drivers side dash and under the hood and they are all in working order. I even replaced a few to ensure the fuses had not been corroded. Next I tested the wires at the harness to make sure they are all getting power. Currently I have NO POWER out of the Constant 12v and also the Accessory 12v. I assume this is the issue. Does anyone know how to go about fixing this? Are there more than 2 fuse boxes in Pathfinders?

One other issue I had while connecting the PAC OEM-1 harness that I was a little confused when hooking up the front and rear speaker wire from the head unit to the harness. The PAC harness has both high and low level wires for each speaker while the head unit only has one wire for each speaker. The PAC instructions say "The low level inputs are for radios up to 25 watts x 4." My Kenwood KDC-X599 head unit specifications has a maximum output power of 50 watts x 4 and a full bandwidth power (RMS output) of 22 watts x 4. I was not sure if PAC instructions meant maximum output or RMS output so I just hooked up both the high and low level to each speaker. The rear speakers seem to work just fine. Will it damage the system by having both the high and low level going to each speaker?

When I purchased the Pathfinder the previous owner installed a GPS navigation head unit and said that all the speakers were in working order. Not sure if this is to any benefit to help solving the issue but I figured I'd mention it.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”