Brake recommendations?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

jetstream87

Brake recommendations?

Postby jetstream87 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:14 pm

Recently I am in the market to upgrade my brake pads and shoes. I am looking into Hawk or EBC in which they both catch my attention but unsure about it. The one thing that is holding me back from getting the EBC is that the hardware does not come with it, anyone here have use any of those two brands? What you think? Any other recommendations (materials and band)? Please help me out, looking for semi metallic or ceramic (daily driver and heavy load).

Hooligan

Postby Hooligan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:23 pm

I bought a set of drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads on Ebay about 3 years ago. Hart Platinums, about 110.00. There are cheaper ones but, I wanted the zinc plating.
I live in the mountains of Costa Rica and brakes get a real workout. I couldn't be happier. The claims are true about no dirty brake dust on the front wheels, no brake squealing or fade on those long downhills. I have a set of Raybestos ceramic pads waiting in the wings. So far I'm very pleased with the performance and the price.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”