Tow Harness Issue

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

WMDunkin

Tow Harness Issue

Postby WMDunkin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:18 am

I have a 2011 SV and have the factory flat 4 tow harness. I need to upgrade/change to a seven way connector. However all the pins I see for plug and play don't work. At the pig tail connection to the vehicle I have a grey plug with green on the inside like this one

but all seven way connectors have this one

I am not sure if there is a factory OEM one that will work but I need this by the end of july.

Kael2001

Postby Kael2001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:10 am

TBH you could just repin new connectors to fit.
Just buy some 5 & 2 pin female and male connectors, take out the wires from the old connectors, and re crimp them into the new one.
It shouldnt take more than half an hour and is as simple as matching which wire goes to which wire.
Depending on where you are you can buy car connecters like these:
http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/m ... category/7

WMDunkin

Postby WMDunkin » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:30 pm

I found the correct harness. it is this part number 999T8-XR024. From what I can see there is another part 999T8-XR010 which is the orange ended plug. This (XR024) does have an extra plug for the "antenna" but I have not idea where that would go. Another nice this is the factory seven way and it came with a factory bracket so no low slung plugs for me. Not I need to find a trailer to see if I need this relays I have heard about.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:00 am

I put the factory OEM on mine with no problem. There is an unused plug currently that you should be able to remove a cap from to allow you to connect to the new 7-pin connector. Work your way back from your current 4-pin connector and you should find the connections after about 2 feet of wire.

Return to “R51 Electrical”