Windows Keep Rolling Down Automatically

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

not on the rug

Windows Keep Rolling Down Automatically

Postby not on the rug » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:02 am

Just what it says guys...

My front windows keep rolling down automatically. I'm not touching anything, I don't have the keys in my pocket, etc. Doesn't matter if I lock with car with the door button or the key fob, within a couple minutes the front ones just roll down on their own.

I was at the dealership about a week ago getting a camshaft position sensor replaced, and ever since I got it back, this is happening. Coincidence, or did they mess something up? I'm going to replace the key fob battery today, but I'm thinking that I might just take it there asap and let them take a look at it.

Thoughts?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:56 am

wonder if there is a problem in your window switch?

I bought an aftermarket one, and now I can roll the window down even when the key is not in the acc or on position. Only the driver's window.

Have noticed that sometimes it gets sticky.

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:04 am

it's both front windows, so i'm not sure about the switch.

my thought is actually the key fob maybe. perhaps the button is screwed up and it is getting stuck in the depressed position enough to roll them down.

I called the dealership and they told me how to re-set them. I tried the method and it's still happening. so perhaps the fob or perhaps something fancier than that. either way, i'm not leaving the dealership until it's fixed. i'm going to finish up some stuff, then eat an early lunch and take it over there asap.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:02 am

what kind of radio do you have? Apparently on the ones with the screen there is a way to disable the window roll down feature.

If you think its the remote, pull the battery and see if it stops.

t

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:22 am

I have the nav. I looked through the menu the other day and there is not a way to turn it off in the '07. unless i'm missing something

good idea. i'll pull the battery and try it in a few minutes

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:59 am

well...it was the key fob. the unlock button had finally gone on to that great junkyard in the sky. I had to replace the entire fob.

I had thought that might be the case, and they gave everything a once over and then the guy looked at the fob and said that it was most likely the culprit.

Return to “R51 Electrical”