Impact sensors location?!

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Blountlevi9

Impact sensors location?!

Postby Blountlevi9 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:24 am

I got in to a fender bender a few weeks ago with a smaller Volkswagen Jetta, nothing was seriously injured, even my radiator was untouched and works fine but I replaced it just in case with a performance radiator. I paid in cash there damages to keep my insurance company from shoving fees down throat. The main problem was my airbags went off, I've bought a replacement bumper and OEM airbags but I cannot seem to find where you replace the front impact sensors? I've researched and researched but for the life of me I cannot find where the front impact sensors go. I've been told under the hood latch but I don't see where they'd bolt on. If anyone has a diagram or picture of where I could find the impact sensors for the front two airbags I'd be grateful. Also does anyone here know if a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder steering wheel airbag cover will fit in my 2004 Nissan Pathfinder? I bought it off an import sight claiming it would fit but I've heard different. My seat belts are also blown the pre - tensioners are gone, both were blown even though I was the only one in the vehicle? What's the easiest way to get those fixed? Is there a way to release them without having to get new ones? Kinda don't wanna spend 300 on new seatbelts. Thanks again.
[/img]

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:53 am

I don't believe your Pathy has a front sensor; the crash sensor is built into the air bag control unit under the center console (between the two front seats). If you have side curtain air bags, there are sensors located on the sides, but you wouldn't have them if you don't have side curtain air bags. If you did have a front crash sensor, it would be pretty obvious by it's yellow harness connector and location a little under the hood latch, on the support beam in front of the A/C condenser.
Once pretensioners are set off during an impact, you are supposed to replace them. There is a company, however, that rebuilds them and also can reset the air bag control unit:

http://www.safetyrestore.com/

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”