CD changer jam

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

iMehrab

CD changer jam

Postby iMehrab » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:01 am

anyone else have this issue? one day my stereo tells me that I need to eject my disc. I did so and now none of them work ( I only had 3 discs in there and cant get them out either ). this is the stock Bose cd changer..

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:16 pm

Only suggestion I can give you is to try disconnecting the negative battery cable and let it sit a couple of minutes before reconnecting it. It "may" get the head unit to reset and start working properly, if you're lucky. If not, the head unit would have to be removed and sent out for repair or replaced. Bose Corp. does repair this units, but, it will probably be cheaper by a third party site. If you Google "Nissan Bose radio repair," you should get several hits of companies that offer repair services.

iMehrab

Postby iMehrab » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:43 am

alright that is worth a shot. thanks!

has anyone else had this issue?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:38 am

My son did me the favor of putting 2 CDs into the same tray on our Bose 6 disc changer. I ended up disassembling it, and was able to fix the issue. Put it back together and it works like a charm!

It was not difficult to disassemble, and I had it out and back in in about 45 minutes.

Return to “R51 Electrical”