Tow Harness/Firewall

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

RDCE

Tow Harness/Firewall

Postby RDCE » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:24 am

Hi Everyone, without going into too much detail, I am having issue with the tow harness on my '07 LE after having it function well for the last 5 months since installing the brake relay and 7-blade connector. I have a Triflex brake controller from CURT and have talked to their Tech department. We have isolated the problem to be feedback on the "blue" wire for brake control. It is not the controller as the problem resolves when I bypass the harness from the controller to the pigtail on the 7-blade connector. I have swapped out the relays for the brake control and lights as well thanks to the Dealership letting me try new relays without having to purchase them.

My question is, where can I pass the "blue" bypass wire through the firewall so that I can run it to the pigtail in the back? My '01 Xterra had a gasketed cover plate that could be backed off for doing such things. Is there one hiding on the Pathy? I tried looking but it's really tight under the dash.

Thanks for your help!

RDCE

Postby RDCE » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:03 am

Well, after a few days of poking around I managed to solve this one on my own. There is a small 1/2" diameter grommet located to the lower right of the brake booster which, on the interior, exits to the upper left of the brake pedal. (Some of the sound proofing mat needs to be moved aside to access it from the interior.) Hope this helps someone else down the line that needs to run wire through the firewall!

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:24 am

good work!

Return to “R51 Electrical”