Noob lift questions - 2003 R50 SE

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

tsigeoff

Noob lift questions - 2003 R50 SE

Postby tsigeoff » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:17 pm

Good evening, new member checking in with a few noob lift questions. I've done a little research and looking to lift my pathfinder a little. I do not plan on going on trails but do plan on going to the local beach to do some swimming and grilling, so I will need the pathfinder to get through some loose sand.

Right now the vehicle has 88k with the oem 16 inch wheels. I just recently replaced the rear shocks with KYB gasajust. I do plan on replacing the front oem suspension since it feels a little "Tired."

I've read about some people just replacing the tires with some all-terrains and being completely happy. If this is all I would need to get through sand, I'm totally on board. What is the best size to run without rubbing? right now the pathfinder has radial tires, which look like basic car tires. On the other hand if it's better to lift the pathfinder slightly, say 1" as well as adding larger tires, what would some of you recommend?

I've looked into OME and 4x4 parts coil springs ranging from .5"-2". I've also found some 1" spacers that are obviously cheaper. Is doing a suspension lift that much better than 1" spacer on all four corners? This is a spare vehicle and I only plan on driving it around town for errands and a few trips to the beach. I will be doing all of the work myself.

Any tips, advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Geoff

00pathySE

Postby 00pathySE » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:00 pm

I had a 2000 SE. I really liked that Pathfinder. I put some General Grabber AT2 tires on that were 1 inch bigger than stock. They were great tires and that Pathfinder had tons of traction. If I were to do it again I would buy the all terrain tires but stick with stock size for gas mileage. If you don't do a lot of off roading a lift isn't necessary but does look pretty sweet of those R50s. Enjoy your truck!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”