Newbie in UK!

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

anth.payne

Newbie in UK!

Postby anth.payne » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:57 pm

HI Guys

Been searching for a decent Pathfinder club for a bit now - eventually found one!

Got my 2007 Pathfinder Delivered on Wednesday - and has exceeded all my expectations.

It is the Sport with Technology Pack, 2.5DCi.

Not sure how that matches the specs in US - but has SAT NAV, bluetooth handsfree, auto wipers, auto lights, tinted windows, onboard computer etc...

The best thing about this 4X4 is I'm getting 41MPG on my commute!

Image[/img]

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:06 pm

Welcome to the forums!... 41 MPG!!!... I wish I could get half that......... Triffid

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:06 pm

:shock: 41 MPG...WOW

anth.payne

Postby anth.payne » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:58 pm

Not sure what engines you guys have in the USA - but the 2.5DCi is superb. Powerful and responsive at all speeds, and great MPG - books say 33, but i'm averaging at 40mpg.

My commute is along minor 60mph roads - lots of twists/bends and gear changes - so I was surprised myself...

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:12 pm

anth.payne wrote:Not sure what engines you guys have in the USA -
What we don't have are the engines that everyone here seems to want, namely yours. We're stuck with the 6 & 8 cylinder petrol engines only.

anth.payne

Postby anth.payne » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:56 pm

it never seems to make sense to me- the way the manufacturers go on, you'd think diesel was a rarity in the USA! I dont understand why the manufacturers dont twig on the you also want fuel economy the same as us Brits. Historically I think it was a case of Fuel was so much cheaper for you guys compared to us, thus the v8's didnt make a difference.

Diesel over here is currently ranging from £1.03to £1.10 per litre
(roughly $1.50 to $1.65). Thats a minimum of $5.70 a US Gallon.

Whats the prices like in the US at the moment?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:25 am

anth.payne wrote:it never seems to make sense to me- the way the manufacturers go on, you'd think diesel was a rarity in the USA! I dont understand why the manufacturers dont twig on the you also want fuel economy the same as us Brits. Historically I think it was a case of Fuel was so much cheaper for you guys compared to us, thus the v8's didnt make a difference.
A lot of it has to do with the perception here that diesels are dirty, polluting machines. Also, we have had pretty tight rules concerning diesel engines and the fuels they use, although stupidly there are virtually no regulations in place for the monster sized cars & trucks over a certain weight (think Hummer H1). Someone more knowledgable will probably chime in. I know we've had a few discussions about it here.
Whats the prices like in the US at the moment?
I can't speak for everyone, especially the poor bastards living in California, but the gas station I fill up at was at about $1.38/gallon gas & maybe $2.30 for diesel.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:30 pm

41mpg i get a 16mpg :(

jens

Postby jens » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:35 am

My friend have the same engine in his car but his 4X4 have been change to 35" but his car is running 15 mpg :?

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”