who says 2 wheel drive can't go offroad?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NathanJax

who says 2 wheel drive can't go offroad?

Postby NathanJax » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:14 pm

Over the weekend, we went to go see our mountain property in Nebo, North Carolina (about 30 minutes east of Asheville, NC). 2 1/2 acres... Well, there are roads made of small rocks all around, and I took the road at the top of the property/mountain and noticed going down to the next road, was a little trail or clearing. It definitely not a road, but an SUV or truck could go through. I thought about it for a second (because my tires are BALD) but said screw it. So with 7 people in the pathy (6 adults and 1 infant), I headed down. No problems at all... It sure was bumpy, but never got stuck. I was proud of my 2 wheel drive pathy!!!

Sorry for the crappy pics...

The property

The path in red...
Where I was going

Where I had been

During...

Done...

Pappy

Postby Pappy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:18 pm

Hey Nathan, you are traveling in my favorite part of the states. I live in Brunswick, GA....even have Jaguars season tickets....but on work assignment up here in Canada.

My favorite motorcycle ride has always been the Blue Ridge Parkway. Tail of the Dragon is fun but way too crowded with idiots.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:22 am

you make us 2 wheelers proud. :D .

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:47 am

Nice property. What are your plans for it? I see a group trip for wheelin on Nathan's land coming up!! :lol:

BTW: What side of town you on Nathan? I'm in Jax also. Southside. I'm in the process of planning a weekend trip to Ocseola in Feb if your interested. Even though you are 2WD, you should be alright (depending on conditions). Same to you pappy if you'd like to drive down from Bruns.

NathanJax

Postby NathanJax » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:43 pm

G35TR wrote:Nice property. What are your plans for it? I see a group trip for wheelin on Nathan's land coming up!! :lol:

BTW: What side of town you on Nathan? I'm in Jax also. Southside. I'm in the process of planning a weekend trip to Ocseola in Feb if your interested. Even though you are 2WD, you should be alright (depending on conditions). Same to you pappy if you'd like to drive down from Bruns.
Have no idea what we're doing with the property. It's in a gated community, about 110 lots, but only 2 houses built within 14 months (economy). We might just build now, and won't have any neighbors for a while (might be a good thing), sit on the property for 10-15 years and leave it as is and then see whats going on, or sell it now and get a house already built on a few acres up there... No idea right now...

I'm in the southside/mandarin area over by Mandarin middle school. We have a little 7 month old little girl taking up all our time right now, but thanks for the invite !!!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”