2008 Strong Vibration Above 40 mph When Pressing Accelerator

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

havanacaptain

2008 Strong Vibration Above 40 mph When Pressing Accelerator

Postby havanacaptain » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:30 am

Over the past month I have been getting vibration when pressing the accelerator and I am close to 40 mph. This vibration is strongest between 40-60 mph. The strangest of all is that the vibration immediately goes away when I take my foot off the gas pedal. Its been getting worse.

Still have the problem after removing the front drive shaft and doing a test drive.

After talking to a few hobbyist mechanics, I've gotten all kinds of ideas. The biggest mystery to them is that the vibration goes away after taking foot off the gas and that its worst when accelerating between 40-60mph, but then the vibration subsides significantly above 60 even pressing gas.

Before I take it to the dealer, I was hoping to get some input here. And maybe try a few other options.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:05 am

rear u-joint

havanacaptain

Postby havanacaptain » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Thank you. That was exactly the problem. On a separate transmission note. Nissan dealer performed the bypass option for me. With 134,000 miles, I was one of the lucky ones that escaped contamination. They checked and confirmed its good.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”