07 pathfinder p0300 code

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Woodyspathy

07 pathfinder p0300 code

Postby Woodyspathy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:17 pm

Ok nissan gurus please help. Looked through all search titles on this with no luck with my issue. Couple weeks ago wife's pathfinder threw code for cat low efficiency spark knocking like crazy and no power. Ordered a new cat and replaced the one showing a code. Cleared the code hasn't came back but still spark knocking with no power on inclines. Ces doesn't stay but will flash under acceleration. Under pending codes Shows the p0300. Finally got it to show another code for misfire on cylinder 5. Replaced the coil pack still the same issue. Started testing all coils and what fuel injectors I could reach. All cylinders were affected when deenergized. Checked intake and vacuum lines for any leaks. No leaks from what we could tell. Don't have a manual yet it's coming next week. Would test the fuel pressure but it doesn't have your standard service port and I read where you tee into the fuel line but can't find a standard line to splice into. I'm at a loss with this. Every spark plug we pulled tested and gapped fine. If any one can think of anything else I'm all ears. I would assume if it was a sensor going out it would throw a code for that sensor I could be wrong though. Does anyone know the voltage or ohms on the crankshaft position sensor or the o2 sensors. Read to test them going down the road which I may do Monday. Thank you for any input guys.

Woodyspathy

Postby Woodyspathy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Well no one ever posted up anything so I'll post up the solution to our problem. When we changed the front cat we didn't remove the one behind it to see if there was any material clogging the pipe. There was so that's what it was doing misfiring on bank 1. Going to be doing bank 2 in a few weeks and will clean out the secondary cat on its line and going to open up the exhaust with an aftermarket muffler. Good luck if you run into this trouble code down the road.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:53 pm

I eliminated my post cats with Doug Thorley mid-pipes and replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow #12580. I also installed Doug Thorley shorty headers. Honestly, I did really notice that much improvement in performance and nothing in gas mileage. What I did notice is that it is a lot louder than stock and there is that familiar "drone" noise common with performance mufflers, especially after 1000 miles. If this is the only mod you are doing to your Pathy, you would be better off spending your money on a tuner like Bully Dog or Superchips (which is what I went...but I also installed an XRP plenum spacer and an aFe Momentum CAI system).

Woodyspathy

Postby Woodyspathy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Ya I read one of your older post on the subject of what you added. Not adding it really for performance or gas mileage. The muffler I'll be using is a borla xr1 which is a straight through design. I removed the packing from the secondary cat on bank 1 plan on doing number two when I change the primary cat. I also plan on adding a tuner of some sorts later down the road. I would prefer one that is able to adjust shift points. In the area I live I feel the over drive shift point is not ideal here.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”