MPG CHANGE, WHY? 4.0 ltr

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

KEVSTER

MPG CHANGE, WHY? 4.0 ltr

Postby KEVSTER » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:48 am

I have noticed that my onboard computer now says 17.3 average on MPG befor it was 18.4, I noticed this after the snow went away.. was driving in snow for 2 weeks here deep stuff, and I have the Yokohama A/T on also. The 17.3 figure stays the same ,you would think it would go up or down a digit or two.. any thoughts?? I have only 7400 miles on my ride.

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:03 pm

In the Seattle area we went to oxyginated fuel in October to help control smog. It happens every year. My '06 has dropped from 16.8 to 14.3 on my daily run to work. I have many customers with other cars complaining about the same issue. I don't think its the car or driving in the snow. I Think it's just more people are paying attention to their fuel mileage.

SilverGhost

Re: MPG CHANGE, WHY? 4.0 ltr

Postby SilverGhost » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:45 pm

KEVSTER wrote:I have noticed that my onboard computer now says 17.3 average on MPG befor it was 18.4, I noticed this after the snow went away.. was driving in snow for 2 weeks here deep stuff, and I have the Yokohama A/T on also. The 17.3 figure stays the same ,you would think it would go up or down a digit or two.. any thoughts?? I have only 7400 miles on my ride.
Reset the MPG readout, drive for a hundred miles or so, then check again. Personally, I set my default display to MPG. The more miles you drive, the slower any changes in actual current mileage affect the average MPG readout. It displays overall average, not current average.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”