Sudden Short Vibration & Sound

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

JohnG

Sudden Short Vibration & Sound

Postby JohnG » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:13 pm

My 2006 Pathfinder SE (2 wheel drive) has recently started having a short vibration (about one second-I can feel it in the driver floor board) and an accompanying noise that sounds like HUMMMMM. It only happens during the first five minutes after the engines is started.
No engine lights or operational issues, just the short sound and vibration.
Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:48 pm

Yeah, I've noticed something similar on my '06 LE 2WD. Mine lasts longer than five seconds, maybe a minute or so, but it goes away as soon as the engine warms a bit. I haven't mentioned it to my dealer, 'cause I figured it was just part of normal operation. Let us know if you find out otherwise.

LittleStevie

Postby LittleStevie » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:13 pm

I had noticed something similar on my '05 SE 2WD, a short duration vibration, lasting for only ~1-2 seconds right after putting it in drive or reverse with a cold engine. I'm using the past tense, because it seemed to have gone away over the past few months as the temperature increased. I'll see if it comes back in the Florida "winter". It's obviously something with the engine or transmission, but no clue on what specifically.

SilverGhost, vibration for a minute sounds like it could be something different...does it do it while you're driving?

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:35 am

LittleStevie wrote:SilverGhost, vibration for a minute sounds like it could be something different...does it do it while you're driving?
No, just at cold idle, although not every time I start it. Seems it may be related to ambient temp and humidity, but I just haven't been concerned enough to figure it out.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:58 am

I am experiencing the same thing. gonna stop by the dealer before my warranty expires.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:50 pm

warranty expired today. could not find time to stop by the dealer to get it checked out. the problem is not something that happens often enough to bother me.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”