Superchips problem

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Superchips problem

Postby disallow » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:52 pm

Hey all,

Not sure how many of you run the Superchips Cortex 4950 with your pathy. I have been since last fall or so, with good success.

However, today I have a problem. For whatever reason, the stock file failed to load, and my truck is now stranded at a campground about 60 miles from my house.

I have filed a trouble ticket with them already (superchips), but was wondering if anyone had similar issues? The truck is in a no-run situation, as it clearly states not to start the engine. However, it never loads the file, so I'm in a bit of a feedback loop here.

Any help appreciated. I'm getting frustrated enough to want to get rid of this thing!

t

disallow
Site Admin

Re: Superchips problem

Postby disallow » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:08 pm

disallow wrote:Hey all,

Not sure how many of you run the Superchips Cortex 4950 with your pathy. I have been since last fall or so, with good success.

However, today I have a problem. For whatever reason, the stock file failed to load, and my truck is now stranded at a campground about 60 miles from my house.

I have filed a trouble ticket with them already (superchips), but was wondering if anyone had similar issues? The truck is in a no-run situation, as it clearly states not to start the engine. However, it never loads the file, so I'm in a bit of a feedback loop here.

Any help appreciated. I'm getting frustrated enough to want to get rid of this thing!

t
Well an update to my story... ended up having to pull the ECM and ship to Superchips in Florida. They indicated that Battery Voltage is the #1 culprit when this type of problem occurs. Not sure how that applies in my case as my battery is in good condition and there were no accessories running during the re-flash, but here we are.

Received the ECM back by UPS today (sent to them on Monday). I will head out to the truck tonight and plug her in.

Wish me luck!

t

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:56 pm

hope that fixes it. :D

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:17 pm

was the door open? if so the dome light was on? foot on brake pedal? just brain storming..

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:36 am

I'm curious, what was the purpose of the ECU upgrade? This was common in the Sport Compact scene when internal engine mods were made. If your pathy is stock, what are the advantages from stock?

Gonzo

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:53 am

Gonzo wrote:I'm curious, what was the purpose of the ECU upgrade? This was common in the Sport Compact scene when internal engine mods were made. If your pathy is stock, what are the advantages from stock?

Gonzo
Not fully true; When I had my 02 WS6 T/A it came with the LS1 with 350hp. At the time the Z06 Corvette had the same LS1 but 405hp. So I took my ECM and had it flashed as a Z06. I did have to change the Mass Air flow sensor (T/A came with 70mm and the Z06 came with a 90mm), and I instantly had 405hp T/A.

I would think a Chipped ECM it could get up to 20hp with out engine mods. It could change the timing, fuel injection amount, and RPM torque curve

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:08 am

KEVSTER wrote:was the door open? if so the dome light was on? foot on brake pedal? just brain storming..
All was off. Never had a problem in the past either. Weird.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:12 am

Gonzo wrote:I'm curious, what was the purpose of the ECU upgrade? This was common in the Sport Compact scene when internal engine mods were made. If your pathy is stock, what are the advantages from stock?

Gonzo
Well they offer several tuning levels, including:

Tow Performance
Performance
Mileage XS
87 Octane

Also, you can remove the speed limiter and the WOT (wide open throttle) restrictions. The WOT restriction is that hiccup you notice when you nail the accelerator off the line in stock mode. That is gone with the WOT restriction taken off.

I was using the 87 octane one, as I always noticed a slight amount of ping with the gas I buy. With this tune, the performance was better and I could hear no pinging at all.

Mileage XS is supposed to save you 1-3% based on some testimonials I've seen, but most people use it for the performance.

This weekend I wanted to use the Tow Performance setting, and it failed while loading that in the ECM.

t

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:38 pm

so is the superchip the best programmer? or is there a better one? which one would u suggest for optimal MPG?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”