LCD Display Screen

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

AZ_Path

LCD Display Screen

Postby AZ_Path » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:44 am

I have the non-Nav version where the LCD screen shows A/C, Radio, Settings etc. I have a problem where occasionally the screen does not turn on when the vehicle is started. The screen will stay off the entire time until I turn the ignition off. Once I start up again, the screen comes on and everything is fine. This has happened maybe 8 - 10 times total since we bought the vehicle so it is not frequent. The first time or two I didn't worry much about it, but now it's happened a couple more times. My concern is if there is a short and the screen may stop working at any given time.

I'm not eager to take it to the dealer for a couple of reasons. My experience when they cannot duplicate a failure on demand has usually meant they have a hard time diagnosing the problem and they end up trying things that really don't need to be done. Has anyone else experienced this?

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:23 am

It could be a loose connector or what not. Vibrations and what not (like on my ship) usually causes similar problems usually infrequently so by the time i get the call it is working normally.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”