Blacked out grill and painted other parts (lots of pics)

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

valenburg

Blacked out grill and painted other parts (lots of pics)

Postby valenburg » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:44 pm

SO I decided to do the black out grill and paint over a few other parts to that Nissan has seemed to cheap out on and have faded. I did the grill, the silver piece over the tail light cover, the piece under the hatch on the back bumper and the cowling and two end pieces. Overall I'm impressed with the look. I think after winter though I might have to do it again as I cheaped out and went with flat black engine enamel and not bed spray but with the way it looks I wouldn't mind it. I got some before and after pics. I can't wait for a good weekend so I can attempt the wheels too.

Before:

After:

I also wanted your guys opinion. I was thinking of spraying the two nissan emblems on the front and the back and maybe the lettering or just removing the lettering. I think it would look really good with the silver color (spraying them). But I don;t want it to look to cheesy. so I dunno. Still thinking about it. It'll be a pain to make sure they stay lined up once I replace them on.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:08 pm

I like the black, how did you get the chrome piece off above the license plate? did you have to remove the interior panel.. in order to do the emblems they need to be removed and they are on by tape, so you would have to get new emblems.

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:43 pm

well, the forward and rear emblems are actually snapped in. The rear one I could see when I was removing the rear lic. plate piece which I did have to remove the rear trim, I only snapped off the bottom portion enough to reach inside. All the others are glued on which they do have glue for it, my re-lining up skills I'm questioning lol.

VenezuelanPath

Postby VenezuelanPath » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Hey Valenburg very nice, now you should think doing the headlights, just the triangular orange parts.

Listen I also pull apart the inner part of the back door, for me it was not a very good idea because now I have vibration noises coming from the back door, if this happens to you a good solution would be installing DynaMat it is a noise and vibration insulator, very simple to apply.

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:02 am

Do you run an audio system in yours? I think I got all the snap on connectors in, if there is vibration I'll dig further into it. As far as the head light, one step at a time lol. I would like to do it but, as always, Money Is A Major Issue.

VenezuelanPath

Postby VenezuelanPath » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:46 am

yeah I have the Bose system, and a 12` sub; and the sub make the vibrations worst. But I pull apart the door about 4 months before installing the sub.

well the headlights projects is a cheap one, just need 1 spray can, and some time. I havent got to it because I live in a condo in Miami and every time I go near my Path with tools 1 million old ladies come with the security people to say that is NOT permitted to work on your car haha

Npath

Postby Npath » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:22 pm

Valenburg, I can imagine it's gonna look really good.

BTW, how is the cowel taken off? Seems like just a bunch of bolts to take off on one side... is that all to it? Any snaps, buttons?

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:14 pm

I'm thinking I'm gonna go for doing the lettering, maybe on the next weekend I got alone lol. For the Cowl, it pretty much is remove the wipers with a 14mm socket (the dirt lines left from the wiper helped me re align them back up ) snap out two pins on each of the cowl under the hood, and slowly pull up on the cowl. It was pretty much a snap on/off deal after taking off/putting on the window sprayers which are just two phillips head screws.

I haven't driven it around yet as my wife keeps parking behind me so I'm not sure about any vibrations as of yet well see venezuela. btw, where in Miami are you? I used to live in the Homestead/Redland area.

VenezuelanPath

Postby VenezuelanPath » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:25 pm

well Im in Doral, I just moved here from Rhode Island, just 3 or so months ago

so far great, I just went to Ocala Forest to camp with my Path

bigmankz

Postby bigmankz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:57 am

looks very nice. since I wrecked my pathfinder a bit and waiting on new parts. One of the broken parts was headlights so I ordred the ones with two lens with black housing. Should look nice with the black grille. I am also planning to invert both front and back logos by painting them in black and lettering in white colors (perhaps with reflective paint or the one that glows in the dark). the back panel will be in black. I was also thinking of pianting PATHFINDER LE on the back door with black too. that should complete the picture really nice. Wheels are also to be stealthed :)
Last edited by bigmankz on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:22 am

Sounds sweet mankz, I have an SE OFFROAD o I have he OFFROAD on the side of my driver and passenger doors so I;m thinkin onf doing those to and just blacking out the front and rear emblem.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”