Alarm going off - Help me fix or disable it, please!!

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Northeaster

Alarm going off - Help me fix or disable it, please!!

Postby Northeaster » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi guys,

I have had my 2000 SE for about 7 years. Had been rolled over - bought as a rebuilt / new roof.
Has worked well, bought at 35,000 miles and have put a hundred thou more on it.

I never got a remote door opener with it. Have always just used the power lock button to lock and the key in driver's door to unlock and disarm the alarm.

I have had some trouble over the years with the factory alarm going off for no reason. It may only do it once every couple of months, but it is always at the worst time - like 2 am. I am sure that it hasn't been break in attempts (at least most times).

I do not need an alarm, and would be happy to disconnect it, if someone can tell me how, or I will try to fix it, if there are some suggestions.
I have previously tried to kill it, by removing anti-theft fuses, anti-theft swithes/ breakers, disconnecting one of the two horns (on is near grill, the other rear of battery).

The headlights used to come on as well as the horn, when it went off. I was able to remove the breaker for that, so that now only the horn sounds.

I have read before about possible defective door sensors / swithes. Can someone tell me more about them, where thye are located / how to check them.
I remember on old cars, they used to have the little door switches in the door jambs (like a refridgerator door). However, it does not have those, so are thee part of the hinge assembly or what?

When I flip on the power lock and close the door, the red dash alarm light goes from flashing to solid, for about 30 seconds - 1 minute, and then goes back to flashing. When I unlock and open the door, it stays flashing.

Is it armed when flashing??? Because I have tried to set it off on purpose, to understand it a bit Have locked / closed door with window down, and then tried reaching in, opening lock maually, and even starting vehicle, and it did not go off!! But it goes off for no reason later!!

Help!!!

I have read that there is a box under the driver's seat, but haven't had a look at it, yet.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a step by step on how to kill the alarm, or how to troubleshoot it!! I guess I would have to put back all of the fuses and switch/breakers, before testing further.

Northeaster

Postby Northeaster » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 am

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, and hope that someone could take a minute to help!

My alarm hasn't gone off in the last week or so, but I would like to have some input, please!

If anyone could tell me what the normal security light sequence is when locking and unlocking a door, I would really appreciate it!

Of course, and advice on how to troubleshoot or disable the alarm would be evn better!

Thanks.

JJsCarAudio101

Postby JJsCarAudio101 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:19 pm

Hello. If the factory alarm activates/goes off and you have no remote control. You can put the key in the driver door and unlock the door. This will disable the factory alarm. There is a wire in the driver door hinge/latch that sends a signal to the factory alarm brain and tells it to shut off. Im assuming that since your vehicle was in an accident, this system is not working properly. It is going to be very hard to troubleshoot and pinpoint where the issue is located

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”