Tint

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

WheatBread

Tint

Postby WheatBread » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:57 am

Anyone know what the factory tint is on the 2 rear door windows? I want to tint my 2 front doors to match the two rear ones. Anyone have any experience with that pre-cut "super easy to install" ebay tint?

deezx5

Postby deezx5 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:28 am

I would probably just go to a local tint shop. Tinting 2 windows should only be around $50 with a decent quality film and they can color match with samples pretty easily. I'm all for DIY on most stuff but tint is a huge PITA

madrock

Postby madrock » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:15 am

^^^^^ I agree. I went to one of those auto spas that have the car wash, tint, and tire/lube centers all in one for my tint. I am sure I paid more than I would have with a mobile unit, but I had scheduling conflicts with the mobile units.

The guy matched mine, but since the tint is better than the factory tint, the front windows seem a bit darker inside looking out. It's not enough to cause any issues. I also got a limo strip put across my windshield. He said the indicator for the windshield is a lot lower than most vehicles, so he placed it about an inch above the indicator so I won't get pulled over.

The front windows plus the windshield cost me $90.

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Yeah take it from me on this one. I ordered the "easy as pie" tint on ebay for my Nitro before the pathfinder. I wasted every bit of that money. Man it looks so easy on video, but trust me its not. I got so pissed and just gave up. So with the pathfinder I just took it to a local place. Cost me $65 tax and all for the two front windows. We have tint law here so it couldnt be darker than 35%. But in all honesty, it looks the same as the back. You can tell a difference if you stare at it but in general looks the same.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:49 pm

I had my fronts done to match and they used 18% tint.

Kami

Postby Kami » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Yea dude the ebay tints are a BI**H to install never as easy as described lol......i got 20% (90$ w/LT warranty-local tint shop) and it matches pretty close to the stock..

GbayPathfinder

Postby GbayPathfinder » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:23 pm

^^^ Agree with the above posts. Go to a Tint shop getting air bubbles out is a pain. I got 20% on my front windows. It looks the same from outside, inside you notice a slight difference between the darkness when looking at the factory and aftermarket tint. More light comes in through the factory tint on the back windows.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”