IPDM replacement and Tranny cooler bypass

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ferds

IPDM replacement and Tranny cooler bypass

Postby ferds » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:34 pm

First of all....great forum with great members! Thanks!

Ok I replaced my IPDM tonight and crossing my fingers that this has solved my stalling issues.

I have also bypassed the tranny cooler last week.

My question to all who have done the IPDM replacement and bypass....have you had any problems after? How has your Pathfinder been running?

Again...thanks to all the great info in this forum!

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:49 pm

I would like to find a thread which walks through how to do both... Do you know where those are?

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:13 pm

Look on page 8 and 1 in this thread for the trans cooler by-pass link to page 8
http://thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=105

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Did the bypass and have had no problems. I do have the external cooler and fan. Runs about 160-180 highway driving. Have seen it climb up to 210 in stop and go on a 98 degree day.

One thing I want to know from others who have a fan and temp gage, how long does it take for your fan to start cooling the fluid? It seems mine takes a while and it doesnt cool much. Im thinking I need to take it off and make sure I have the blades installed the correct side up.

But yeah, theres really no probs to be had if you have an external cooler. If you dont, get one now! Im considering another in addition to the factory one.

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Citcope wrote:I would like to find a thread which walks through how to do both... Do you know where those are?
If you already have the factory external cooler, its easy as pie. Disconnect both hoses from the bottom of the radiator and put them together with a barbed connector and hose clamps. I used the setup below because I monitor the fluid temp at the junction. Cost me less than $10 in parts.

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:23 am

I have had no problems 10k miles later after doing the bypass. I coupled the two hoses together bypassing the radiator completely. REcently I went in with a blow gun and blow out the residual fluid in the radiator's built in cooler.

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:17 pm

Budrbean wrote:
Citcope wrote:I would like to find a thread which walks through how to do both... Do you know where those are?
If you already have the factory external cooler, its easy as pie. Disconnect both hoses from the bottom of the radiator and put them together with a barbed connector and hose clamps. I used the setup below because I monitor the fluid temp at the junction. Cost me less than $10 in parts.

What is the bottom center hose go to? I went out and bought a 3/8 double barbed connector and some clamps now i have to find the vaccum ends.

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:41 pm

The one hose comes from the trans, the one on the right goes to the cooler. There is no center hose so not sure what you mean. The deal on the top center is where i put the sender for the trans temp gage. The bottom center hose clamp is the cap from where i disconnected the cooler lines from the radiator. I bought the wrong size so i clamped it on. Last time I looked, the cap had cracks in it from where the fluid was eating through it so not sure how long that will last.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”