2006 Pathfinder Towing

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

CiK

2006 Pathfinder Towing

Postby CiK » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:21 am

Hello Everybody!

My wife and I purchased a new to us 2006 Pathfinder LE V6 with the intent to tow with it from time to time. We intend to tow a boat in the 4000lb range.

Is there anything I need to do to get the Pathfinder up to snuff for this task or is it ready to go straight out of the box?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony

disallow
Site Admin

Re: 2006 Pathfinder Towing

Postby disallow » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:30 am

CiK wrote:Hello Everybody!

My wife and I purchased a new to us 2006 Pathfinder LE V6 with the intent to tow with it from time to time. We intend to tow a boat in the 4000lb range.

Is there anything I need to do to get the Pathfinder up to snuff for this task or is it ready to go straight out of the box?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony
Depending if you boat trailer can accomodate a weight distributing hitch, you might want to look at that.

The Airlift 1000 (search the forum for details) is also a nice add to your truck to prevent sagging in the rear end.

Depending on the type of brakes you have on your trailer (you should have brakes on a trailer that size), you may need a brake controller installed in the truck. Unless they are surge brakes, then you don't.

You might need to get a different harness for the trailer to hook up to. Any trailer or hitch shop should be able to help you with that.

See my pic for what I tow, its more that 4000 and we do fine. Drive with OD off.

t

t

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”