New member, 1997 Pathfinder.

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Platinum_Racing

New member, 1997 Pathfinder.

Postby Platinum_Racing » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Hello there! I'm new here and I'd like to take a little time to say a few things about myself!

I'm relatively new to the Pathfinder, but not to Nissan or to internet forums.

My name is Justin, and I live in a house in Rowley MA with my loving girlfriend. I bought my Pathfinder 8 months ago to replace my 1992 Subaru Legacy after I found out that me and my girlfriend of 3 years are having a baby. My son, Daniel, will be born the 6th of next month.

I enjoy computer gaming, and take pride in my homemade custom PC's. I also have a large collection of hobby-grade R/C models. I use to race them up to three times a week at local tracks with moderate success. I used to own a small R/C parts manufacturing company called Team Platinum Racing, which made aluminum aftermarket parts for R/C models such as Team Associated, Traxxas, Tamiya, and others. The company had just spent $2,000 purchasing a benchtop 4-axis CNC milling machine when we went under. Now I mostly stay active in the hobby by building, restoring, and working on my large collection of antique Tamiya R/C models. I still have the machine, and its never been used. I also love wrenching on cars.

Although I love my Pathfinder, my true automotive love is working on Subaru's. I love the boxer engine design. The balance, smoothness, and throttle response is second to none in my book (Next to diesels and I6 engines, I have a sweet spot for those as well). I've owned lots of cars, from imports to domestic all the way to large 1 ton diesel trucks. I used to do off-roading until I got my prized 1990 Dodge W350 LE 4WD Cummins Turbo Diesel stuck in 3 feet of clay. It sat there despite my best efforts to get it out until some punks lit it on fire. That was the last time serious off-roading captured my interest. I'd love to do some lightweight mudding again at some point, but I'm never going to lose another vehicle to the elements again, so I plan on being cautious.

I work for a machine shop as a full time machinist/rework technicians. My specialties include Class B glass bead peening, as well as banging out dents in sheet metal parts. I can do just about anything from deburring, machine operating, setting up glass bead peen operations, and making runs to outside vendors. My company consists of two small manufacturing plants located down the street from each other. We make parts for jet engines and other aerospace components. My building specializes in larger assemblies, like combustion cases and firewalls for Rolls Royce helicopter engines.

Now, onto the interesting bit...

I've had the Pathy for 8 months or so, and already I have done some work to it. Its a 1997 Pathfinder SE with mostly every option as far as I can tell (Except leather thank God). Its not as quick as what I'm used to, or as sharp, but it's roomy and I didn't realize how much I missed the high stance of an SUV until I test drove this car. I used to drive 1/2 ton pickups and some diesel 3/4 and 1 ton pickups, so compared to my other car and those trucks this is right in the middle for me as far as length, width, height and weight.

-New Alternator
-New Spark Plugs
-New Cap & Rotor
-New Plug Wires
-New Front Brakes
-New Sway Bar Links
-New Rear Shocks
-New Rear Control Arms
-One New O2 Sensor (To turn the Check Engine light off)
-K&N Filter W/Intake Resonator Removed

I'd be interested in some inexpensive suggestions on engine performance. I know this engine has an inherent breathing issue due to its 2V/cylinder design, but I was thinking about a throttle body spacer and possibly an MSD ignition coil if there's a way to do it without hacking the distributor cap to pieces. I have a Blaster 2 sitting in my basement that could use a good home.

Sorry for the long post, its a habit I've yet to break. ;)

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Welcome!! good introduction, Justin. I have some R/C stuff sitting around my house too, 1/8 buggy & 1/10 4wd touring.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:31 am

Welcome to the forums!...... Triffid

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:55 am

welcome

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”