SES on & Fault code..... maybe not?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Storm4.0

SES on & Fault code..... maybe not?

Postby Storm4.0 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:08 pm

I just feel like ranting about this... I had the SES light come on a few weeks ago, I checked the code myself & it was for the fuel sending unit. So I cleared the code and called up Nissan Customer Care to fuss about how my Pathy has this problem but is not included in the recall. They said to take it to the dealer & have it "officially diagnosed". Well now that I've fueled up my Pathy three times the SES has yet to illuminate and the gauge is working just fine. So now I have about a week & a half for this thing to screw up before I have to Open up another case with Nissan. I wonder if it really is the sending unit or is it true that the sending unit float randomly contacts the fuel tank, gets "hung", and causes the slow gauge and SES :roll: ?

Tech

Postby Tech » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:56 pm

don't clear the code. Bring it in....the time it's triggered and associated data is recorded

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 am

Yeah, I assumed that because the light went out that it still stored the thrown code, I talked to the dealer and they want to charge $80 for this "official diagnosis" which will be refunded if Nissan fixes it. But if they don't I just spent $80 on a part I can get for $80 and do it myself :cry:

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”