05 Pathfinder Bose head unit question

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

dnmartin98

05 Pathfinder Bose head unit question

Postby dnmartin98 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:55 am

Hi all,

I have a 2005 Pathfinder with the bose 6disc head unit. I don't have sat radio installed, though I do have a radio button. Picture is attached

I want to install an aux input for this and have read all of the posts and instructions I can find here. My question is whether I should purchase the PAC-NIS1 or PAC-NIS2 device. I called PAC themselves and asked them and they said that they have no product for the 05 Pathfinder at all! Now, clearly others have this up and running, so I can anyone tell me whether it should be the 1 or 2? PAC told me that the difference between them is the harness if that helps.....

Thanks!

DavidM

gkb62001

Postby gkb62001 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:25 pm

I have the same head unit and I've been looking for a picture of the back of it to figure out if I can just plug audio cables into the back and drop a 3.5mm jack down under the dash so I can play my iPod through the RearAV input. I would think it would be very simple if it has the right inputs on the back, but I'm not eager to rip the dash apart just to figure that out.

I realize that I wouldn't be able to control the iPod remotely with that type of interface, but that's fine for me. I just want an alternative to an FM modulator. It's a pain in the ass with crappy audio quality.

I know you can purchase an interface kit from Courtesy Parts, but it's like $100.

thehumphries

Postby thehumphries » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Check out the Audio/Electronics forums. I know there is a rather large thread on how to add/replace audio. Can't find it just off a quick search, but i know its there. I found it since I have the same unit.

dnmartin98

Postby dnmartin98 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:57 am

Well, I did a number of searches and couldn't find anything. Lots and lots of stuff about 06 pathfinders, and none that talk about the aPAC-NIS1 or NIS2. All the threads talk about the AAI-NIS device that was discontinued and replaced with the PAC-NIS1 and 2. :cry:

So, after much trawling around on the web I found someone selling one AAI-NIS and ordered that. I'll see if it works. He said that when PAC bought out the new versions, suppport for 05 pathfinders was removed as part of the "upgrade". Not sure about that.

I'd still be interested to hear if anyone has succesfully used the PAC-NIS1 or NIS2 in their 05 just in case the AAI-NIS doesn't work for me. I understand there was a big recall of those from my reading and then they discontinued them. :cry:

Cheers,

DavidM

gkb62001

Postby gkb62001 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:07 am

Keep us posted! I looked for a while as well and the only other option I saw was the method that had you cutting the harness.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”