4x4parts.com deluxe suspension lift is garbage!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

tuleman

Postby tuleman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:57 pm

well sloppy where i am at requires wider tires to float on top or you will sink to your frame besides if my skinny stock tires were working out for me i wouldnt be looking to change em nooffense bud. and we have lots of hill climbs and i need as large of a foot print as possible. if i had my wayi would put 35 inch tires on it but would be lucky to get the 33s to work. thanks anyway.

serturbo

Postby serturbo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:24 am

tuleman wrote:well sloppy where i am at requires wider tires to float on top or you will sink to your frame besides if my skinny stock tires were working out for me i wouldnt be looking to change em nooffense bud. and we have lots of hill climbs and i need as large of a foot print as possible. if i had my wayi would put 35 inch tires on it but would be lucky to get the 33s to work. thanks anyway.
No offense taken. I just wasn't sure what sloppy meant to you, which is why I explained my version of it. Sounds like you have some great off-roading where you're at. Do you have any vids or pix?

This is a small example of Kauai-style sloppy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QLwC7Cg ... er&list=UL

tuleman

Postby tuleman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:08 am

no i dont. i go wheeling mostly in west virginia at my familys cabin. the trails if you would call them that are old logging roads. unmaintained. i dont want to sound like i am doing real hardcore stuff. but when we get back to this cabin if the weather changes. such as flooding or snow we only have one way in and one way out. i have seen small mud holes turn to 3-4 foot deep swamps and i have to be able to get my family out. if you go to.sleep and it is nice and wake up to a deluge there isnt much you can do.

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:45 am

tuleman wrote:
This is a small example of Kauai-style sloppy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QLwC7Cg ... er&list=UL
Not to hijack the thread, but nice video. You should post your vids in the offroad adventure section. We would like to check them out.

You gotta love the sound of those Yotas (3rd one). They sound like a Cessna doing a runup before take off.

To OP: I hope you can get things worked out with the vendor. I agree with you. If a part(s) does not allow the vehicle to be put back within spec, then it should be sold with that disclaimer. I know I've heard enough on this forum that I'm not installing rear lift springs. I'll go with the spacers instead.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:15 pm

What year is your pathfinder? I may have missed that. Do you have the rear camber bolts?

tuleman

Postby tuleman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:16 pm

2006 and no it didnt come.with them but i.put.them on when the control arms were changed.

05pathyse

Postby 05pathyse » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:27 pm

I emailed AC asking if they offered a different Spring for the deluxe suspension and this is the reply

Hello John,

Thank you for your interest in our products. I am surprised about concerns with rear wheel alignment, we have one customer that purchased coils over a year ago and I replied to him and then I did not get reply after that. I have heard of some post on the web about that, but have yet to see it and I was not aware of any other customers with such a problem. We can make rear coils that will provide less then 2" of lift and we also have a rear spacer that can provide 1.75" of lift. Just let us know which way you wish to go.

Regards,

Mike
Automotive Customizers
954-971-3510

They can suppy a lift spring of 1.75 i asked.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:54 pm

05pathyse wrote:I emailed AC asking if they offered a different Spring for the deluxe suspension and this is the reply

Hello John,

Thank you for your interest in our products. I am surprised about concerns with rear wheel alignment, we have one customer that purchased coils over a year ago and I replied to him and then I did not get reply after that. I have heard of some post on the web about that, but have yet to see it and I was not aware of any other customers with such a problem. We can make rear coils that will provide less then 2" of lift and we also have a rear spacer that can provide 1.75" of lift. Just let us know which way you wish to go.

Regards,

Mike
Automotive Customizers
954-971-3510

They can suppy a lift spring of 1.75 i asked.

A true 1 1/2 inch rear lift spring would be perfect IMO. That would put my truck level with the front end if I set it at 2 inches. (I say "true" because OME claimed to have a 1 inch spring that lifted the truck 2 1/2 inches)

tuleman

Postby tuleman » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:43 pm

man is that something well it is true that i qiut contacting them. it was due to my health, and i couldnt keep crawling on the ground every day to do sfuff for them. take pictures, measurements etc. they did not offer me any assistance, just kept responding to my messages with more and more request that i get under mh vehicle and show them this or that. i warned them that i would post.against them, if they didnt offer me some assistance. you can believe who you wish. the people who stand to gain nothing and were ripped off, or the ones collecting your cash. no skin off my teeth. i tell you what i will sell you my ac springs when i put rancho spacers in to fix the problem. let me know as soon as the weather breaks they are comming.out. maybe you will have better luck. but i do know for.a fact.i am not the only one who has had this problem.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”