Blower Motor Fuse?!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

gkb62001

Blower Motor Fuse?!

Postby gkb62001 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 am

Hey Guys, I could use some help here before taking it into the shop. We were supposed to be nailed with Snowpacolypse 2011 and that didn't really happen, but we did get a crap-load of freezing rain and sleet (several inches). I was out scraping the car off this morning and noticed that the heat wouldn't kick on. I finally had to give in and drive to work without it.

The electronic controls seem to be working (display, dampers, etc.) but the blower motor just won't come on. The blower in the back works, but I don't have heat there (that's another story). I checked the interior fuse panel and didn't see anything blown. Does anyone know if there is a separate fuse for the blower motor? Maybe under the hood? What else could this be?

gkb62001

Postby gkb62001 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:25 am

Well it's not a fuse. It worked when I got in the car last night and went home, but wouldn't work again this morning. Not fun in -9 temps.

jkb1242

Post subject: Blower Motor Fuse?!

Postby jkb1242 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:38 am

What did you find was wrong with your blower? I am having the same issue now in my 2008 Pathfinder. Any help would be appreciated.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:20 am

The EXACT same thing happened on my 05 a couple years ago. The issue is condensation settling in the motor itself. When it freezes solid, the motor can't spin. It has burnout protection, so after 10 seconds of trying to spin, it stops trying.

The dash display still works fine, but if its cold out, it gets bloody cold in the truck.

I ended up drilling a small drain hole in the end of the blower (its a metal plate covering the electric motor) to allow moisture to drip out and not accumulate.

Don't buy another blower, and no its not a fuse. Even a couple minutes in the car wash will bring the temp up enough to melt the ice causing the problem.

I think it gets worse when you have a winter like ours that goes from extreme cold to extreme mildness in very short periods of time.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:22 am

Here's my original post on this problem.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=1654

t

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”