Squeaky driver's seat

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

LittleStevie

Squeaky driver's seat

Postby LittleStevie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:36 pm

This is probably a new one...anyone have trouble with a squeaky driver's seat on an R51? The sound seems to come from inside the seat back, when you accelerate or push your lower back backwards in the seat...I believe that it's the lumbar support. It can be prettly loud sometimes and gets really annoying.

Took it to Nissan today and they said they'd order the parts, but it sounds like they have to pull the seat and really disassemble it to get inside. 35,150 miles, so I just got it in under the warranty. I'll post any new findings after they do the work.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:53 am

They have to de-skin your seat back and install a new lumbar support. Usually places sub this stuff out, because the gorilla's aren't able to finesse the covering.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:44 am

I had to de-skin my seats to install the carbon pads for my heated seats, they are rather simple and easy to do. But and I mean BUT the innards are razor sharp, wear mechanics gloves or just put some bandaids on your fingers premptively if you plan on ever doing it yourself.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”