Scooter and Dog Hauler in Houston, Texas

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

jrjohn77

Scooter and Dog Hauler in Houston, Texas

Postby jrjohn77 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Jason and I drive a 2006 Pathfinder. I chose the Pathfinder because I wanted a real, rear wheel driven, body on frame, truck based, SUV. Not a front wheel driven, lifted, station wagon. Did I mention reliable? I read several positive magazine reviews and I previously owned two 4cyl Frontiers, so sticking with Nissan was very natural to me. My Pathfinder is always dirty as I use it mainly to tow my scooters or motorcycle to rallies, to get my dogs to and from the kennel, camping trips and to keep out of the Houston rain.
Here's some pics....
An old pic of my Honda Ruckus scooter.
The tilt-a-rack inserts directly into the factory hitch receiver.
I can carry three scoots!
I bought it used in 2008 with 16k miles. It's just about to turn 70k. Anyhow, I've joined the forum because I two questions or concerns...
1. I recently had my transmission flushed. Since, my transmission now hangs or slips when accelerating from rolling stops. It acts like it is not down shifting back down to first gear. Any thoughts or ideas?
2. I'm due for new shocks...or at least I think I am. If I have passengers sit in the back seat(2nd row) or have the back loaded with a scooter, firewood and/or camping gear the rear gets real bouncy. I do some towing, but it's mainly motorcycles and scooters on a rented U-haul, open top trailer. No more than 2k lbs. What are my best options?

I know, I know...use the search and I will. But, this is my thread so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Welcome to the forum.

About your questions, I'm not sure it's related, but have you looked into the possible faulty radiator/trans cooler mod? I have not yet had a probelm, but I guess the 05 + pathfinders have a probelm with the radiator in that the transmission cooler that runs through the radiator cracks and allows coolant into the transmission, resulting in needing a new radiator and tranny.

2nd I have not had to replace shocks on my pathfinder, but my older vehicles, I do recommend Bilstiens. They have always had good performance and work really well.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:11 am

welcome.

jrjohn77

Re: Scooter and Dog Hauler in Houston, Texas

Postby jrjohn77 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:01 pm

jrjohn77 wrote:1. I recently had my transmission flushed. Since, my transmission now hangs or slips when accelerating from rolling stops. It acts like it is not down shifting back down to first gear. Any thoughts or ideas?
Thanks for the feedback and for the welcome. I took the PF back to where I had the transmission flushed and they said I was just short a quart of tranny fluid. They topped it off(free of charge, obviously) and so far, so good.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Sounds like a good deal. Glad you got it fixed.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”