Update on REV02s

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Update on REV02s

Postby disallow » Thu May 12, 2011 8:29 am

Hey all,

Just thought I would provide some feedback on these tires, now that I've cumulatively put about 20k miles on the 2 sets I've had.

I started with LT265/75/R16 E-Rated REV02s. Although they were heavy, these were honestly the quietest tire I ever drove on. I decided to do an experiment, and change to the P265/70/R16 version to see if reducing the weight would give me a gain in fuel economy. So far, I can say that this had next to no effect.

I put about 20000km on the original LT version. I read in some reviews that these tires get louder as time goes on. However, I never noticed this.

Here is the big difference between the LT and P version of these tires. The tread depth! On the LT its 16mm, on the P its 12mm. This makes a huge difference in the mud handling ability of these tires. I would say this is the biggest weakness of these tires. They are great in snow, rain, dry. In mud they are OK, but their ability to clear themselves to provide continuous traction is questionable.

So if you do a ton of offroading in the much, stick with the Duratracs. Other than this mud issue, I can fully endorse these tires as a great tire for this SUV.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu May 12, 2011 11:38 am

Nice review.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”