18x8.5 wheels

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

asgard

18x8.5 wheels

Postby asgard » Fri May 13, 2011 2:45 pm

I had a quick search but didn't find anything specific.

I am looking to install a set of G-FX rims on my 2007 LE, standard size 17x7.5 I looked at the 2011 model year and they have 18x7.5 - my dilemma is that these rims are 8.5 wide. I don't want to have issues with rubbing and clearances -my truck is stock height.
Anybody using a similar rim size.
This is a road truck not an off road truck

goblue90

Re: 18x8.5 wheels

Postby goblue90 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:57 pm

asgard wrote:I had a quick search but didn't find anything specific.

I am looking to install a set of G-FX rims on my 2007 LE, standard size 17x7.5 I looked at the 2011 model year and they have 18x7.5 - my dilemma is that these rims are 8.5 wide. I don't want to have issues with rubbing and clearances -my truck is stock height.
Anybody using a similar rim size.
This is a road truck not an off road truck
I'm currently running 18 x 8.5 g-fx or7 wheels with a 2" lift, but was running a set of 20" g-fx or 7's with 285/50/20 tires before lifting my Pathfinder. The 20s are also 8.5" wide and have the same offset as the 18" versions. I had to trim the front mud flaps a little, but never had to melt the inner fender. Go for it!

asgard

Postby asgard » Wed May 18, 2011 11:28 am

Thanks for your reply.

I am looking at 09 spec and was thinking of putting on Michelin latitude tires, i am not an off roader and use this mostly at highway speed, therefore comfort and reduced road noise is my goal- and if it works out better mpg.

Are they wheels good quality in your opinion, do you need different lug nuts and would the standard wheel locks work.

Did you trim a little off the splash guard edge, I am not wanting to wear a hole in the fender insert.

I am looking at discount tire - but they are not showing Michelin's- will phone subject to your review.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:05 pm

asgard wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I am looking at 09 spec and was thinking of putting on Michelin latitude tires, i am not an off roader and use this mostly at highway speed, therefore comfort and reduced road noise is my goal- and if it works out better mpg.

Are they wheels good quality in your opinion, do you need different lug nuts and would the standard wheel locks work.

Did you trim a little off the splash guard edge, I am not wanting to wear a hole in the fender insert.

I am looking at discount tire - but they are not showing Michelin's- will phone subject to your review.
In my opinion, the wheels are definitely good quality. I'm not sure if you can use the stock wheel lugs and wheel locks as I used the ones that I got from Discount Tire when I purchased my wheels.

Yes, I trimmed a little off the splash guard... I'll take a picture of them so you can compare it to your splash guards. I highly doubt you'll wear a hole in the fender insert. I was using 285 wide Cooper Zeon LTZs that had an aggressive tread and only needed to trim my splash guards before my lift. What size tires are you planning on using? If you stick with the stock tire size (265/60/18?), you may not even have to trim the splash guard.

Hope this helps.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”