Painted Wheels and touched up Grill

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

sbrethauer

Postby sbrethauer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:27 pm

I have been reading up some other general automotive forums and such, found that Dupli-color actually makes a wheel painting kit. I wonder if this works any better. Only concearn I have with the bedliner spray is while it is durable, it seems as though it may hold dirt.

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:31 pm

what about wheel balance? does this do anything? I would think that they extra weight from the paint would throw it off a bit...

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 am

Did you put the emblem back on the grill? Looks better with it IMO and matches the wheels.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Citcope wrote:what about wheel balance? does this do anything? I would think that they extra weight from the paint would throw it off a bit...
as long as you coat the entire face of the wheel, there "added weight" will be evenly distributed, and there will not be more weight on one area of the wheel.

plus... you have to put a LOT of paint down in one spot to really throw off the balance of a SUV wheel and tire combo.

~mike

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:52 am

As far as durability it seems like it will hold up. I havent given it a good wash yet as it was raining before I left and I am deployed for a little bit. I am not too worried about touching up the wheels either as a can of paint costs 8 bucks instead of worrying about ruining a $800 set. I don't think it affected balance too much, I needed an alignment anyway plus my U joints seem to be going (before the paint) so I can't give a final thought on that. I will post more up once I return from my deployment.

sbrethauer

Postby sbrethauer » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:32 pm

cool, cant wait to see more pics. Stay safe.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”