To upgrade or not to upgrade the PF?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:15 pm

05Pathfinder wrote: DONT BUY A CANADIAN MODEL BEFORE A SERIOUS INSPECTION!!! Because most of the cities here use salt in the winter and the way the pathfinder is designed basically everything underneath becomes super rusted within 2-3 years. Last year I went for an alignement before putting on some winters and the tech there said that most pathfinders more then 3 years old cant be properly aligned because everything is so seized up. So if you do get one here make sure you get a really good inspection including an alignment to make sure all the bolts are at least able to be adjusted with a torch. Since then I got new front control arms and I rustproofed last year and I will keep it up every year.
The same logic applies if buying a car from the NE or midwest US. If buying from Canada (not that it would make any sense whatsoever from a pricing perspective), buy from BC, stay away from Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes. Vehicles from the prairies need to be inspected, as its hit or miss depending on where they are driven. (city=bad or rural=good).

t

2006 Pathy

Postby 2006 Pathy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:17 am

Well, i went to look at a 2010 PF, SE 4WD yesterday. Great improvments on the interior compared to my '06. Out the door was a little over $36K. The plan was the trade in my '06 of which i'm bad upside down on and also trade in my '04 titan. The money from the titan basically covered how much i was upside down on my '06 so they wouldn't have to tack on negative equity on the new PF. But the straight trade and no other money down, the payment was a little too high for me. Just couldn't stomach making $795/mo payment.

But the new PF drove nice and had all the trimmings minus leather and rear dvd. Beautiful car and was close to signing my life away but then i remembered the wife would have ripped me a new one when she saw how much the 1st payment was... Happy wife, happy life right...

2006 Pathy

Postby 2006 Pathy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:10 am

Good news! We were able to score the 2010 PF 4WD, got the deal we wanted and the truck is beautiful. Got it in super black metallic, cloth interior, bose sound and it has the information center in it. Can't wait to take it out to test the 4WD on the trail!

Couldn't be happier!

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:53 am

Good work! We'll probably try to do something similar with a 2012 model in a couple years... The 05 has almost 200k kms on it...

I'm gunning for a V8!

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:31 pm

2006 Pathy wrote:Good news! We were able to score the 2010 PF 4WD, got the deal we wanted and the truck is beautiful. Got it in super black metallic, cloth interior, bose sound and it has the information center in it. Can't wait to take it out to test the 4WD on the trail!

Couldn't be happier!
So how good of a deal did you land? $36k sounded very high in your previous post...especially considering it's a leftover 2010 and PF's aren't selling well. I bought my loaded SE with 15k miles for $24k....and I was thinking similar new ones at the time were right around $31k. Of course I was recently offered $21k on trade now with 53k miles so obviously the market is far stronger now on the used front.

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:14 pm

skinny2 wrote:
2006 Pathy wrote:Good news! We were able to score the 2010 PF 4WD, got the deal we wanted and the truck is beautiful. Got it in super black metallic, cloth interior, bose sound and it has the information center in it. Can't wait to take it out to test the 4WD on the trail!

Couldn't be happier!
So how good of a deal did you land? $36k sounded very high in your previous post...especially considering it's a leftover 2010 and PF's aren't selling well. I bought my loaded SE with 15k miles for $24k....and I was thinking similar new ones at the time were right around $31k. Of course I was recently offered $21k on trade now with 53k miles so obviously the market is far stronger now on the used front.
I was wondering the same thing... I just bought my 05 but have been thinking about buying one with a warranty JIC.

2006 Pathy

Postby 2006 Pathy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:56 pm

It was a good enough deal to save my family and I almost $170 a month between what I was paying on my old PF and my Titan (not including registration for my Titan that was due in November). Straight trade for the vehicles no other money down.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Nice job. Now post some pictures of the new ride.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”