A Newbie, with Responsibilities!

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

thornbma

A Newbie, with Responsibilities!

Postby thornbma » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi, All,
I'm a newbie to this forum, and I decided to join since I've "inherited" the responsibility of keeping my wife's '93 Pathfinder safe and road legal. I'm fairly competent mechanically, but this is my first encounter with a Pathfinder, and I've the feeling that I'm going to need lotsahelp . So, I'm glad to be with you, and I'm going to start by reading lots of the current threads.

Cheers,

Mike

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:27 pm

welcome

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 am

welcome

thornbma

1993 Pathfinder suspension/steering

Postby thornbma » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Thank you, both, for your welcomes, and now to the serious bit!!

I'm looking after a 1993 Pathfinder, V6, and according to the Haynes manual it has adjustable shocks.

Right, how are they adjusted?
I know that there is a fancy switch on the centre console which indicates SPORT or TOURING, but how do I know if it does anything?

What changes in the shock from SPORT to TOURING? Is there an on-board compressor that adjusts the pressure in the shock, or what?

Should I feel a difference in ride after changing from one setting to the other?

Still on suspension, or maybe steering, when going very slowly, on full lock there is a grinding sound. It doesn't appear to come from the hydraulic system, but is more of a metal to metal sound. Any suggestions of the cause, please, because I am reluctant to get beneath the vehicle when it is in DRIVE!

Many thanks for any suggestions and help.

Best regards to all,

Mike

Moderators,
Please move this post to Geriatric: Sorry, "What was I looking for?", if appropriate.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”